Saturday, April 16, 2011

Blogging from a tablet

Grrrrrr. I've been trying for hours to figure out how to force this dumb tablet to get in a typing mode when I'm in the proper window. It’s very quirky. But I think I'm finally making some progress. It is the second day of our time in Paris but this post will reflect some efforts to post yesterday. Perhaps tomorrow I can catch you up on recent news.

Friday:
It's 4:30 in the morning and we're sitting at gate C19 waiting to board the plane in an hour. So far I've managed to leave my hat at the hotel and nearly strip searched for forgetting about the itty-bitty pocket knife in my carry-on. For only 15.00 US dollars I was able to send myself a nice welcome home present for our return. I did score on the luggage though. I wanted to check both my bags but they wanted 50.00 bucks for the privilege. As we were waiting to board they announced that the flight was full and they were looking for people to check their carry on. Score! All the way to Paris too!

Update: It's now 5:15 AM and we're sitting on the plane waiting for all the other lemmings to board. Stewardess, err flight attendant, says put this away. Later!

Update:
Room Rates
We came up to P-Town last night and had dinner with the kids. Val fixed some yummy veggie chili and corn bread. (As I type the sun is rising over clouds and it’s quite beautiful!) Their cat played in a brown paper bag while we were eating. Pretty funny! After visiting for a while we headed off to the Holiday Inn for a short nights rest. The hotel was really very nice and the staff was great! We got the room off hotwire.com at about half the rate listed on the bathroom door. They have a really nice facility if you're looking to host a meeting or convention. Next stop Phoenix here we hope to hook up with Aunt Lorraine.

Well fellow travelers, we are now about an hour out of Paris trying hard not to look like total zombies. My bum feels like it ought to have "inflate to fifty pounds" stamped on it! We just ate something that looked a little bit like a pastry with some mediocre warmish coffee. It helped some.

There was a beautiful sunrise this morning off our port side. Lots of orange and red hues. Very nice, but I think we have been flying too long because we've seen both sunrise and sunset way to close together. Remind me not to sign up for astronaut school.

The Philadelphia Airport has a lot of interesting artwork scattered around. In one area they had these very small pewter birds of all different kinds hanging from the ceiling on thin fishing line. They appeared to be flying in large flocks throughout the building. You could actually identify each bird species,  they were so detailed. Tucked away in another corner of the airport was a full-sized replica of the Liberty Bell done up with Lego’s which was most amazing. When I can figure out how to post pictures I'll try to show what it looks like.

Off to bed. Still trying to adjust my body clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment