Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Rodin and the Centre George Pompidou

It's about seven thirty in the evening Paris time. It has been a most gorgeous day and a most pleasant evening. On Sundays, things tend to slow down a tiny bit and the frantic pace of life pauses for a moment to catch its breath. I did that for a while this evening sitting at a street side cafe sipping on a rather nice red wine watching the world walk by in front of me. I think the whole world is in Paris tonight. The "girls" (Karen, Aunt Lorraine, and Chelsea, all went to mass and I haven't heard back from them.)

We visited the Rodin Museum late this morning. We purchased Museum passes when we first arrived at the airport and they have already made things easier. There was a long line of people waiting to buy tickets but with the pass we avoided the line and went right in. Sweet!

For those of you like me who failed art class, Rodin was the sculpture who created "The Thinker". The garden setting was beautiful against the blue sky. We took lots of pictures so hopefully I can figure out some way to post some.

After the Riding, we had our first subway experience. Chelsea taught us how to use the metro and I think I might be able to use it now. We rode the metro to the Centre G. Pompidous which is a museum dedicated to modern art. Since I successfully failed to pay any particular attention in my art appreciation class, I couldn't really appreciate the artwork. Now, I don’t mean to insult these artists but really, some of this art looks like something my kids made when they were younger. Modern Art just doesn't really speak to me.
Towards evening, we headed back to the hotel for dinner which pretty much brings me back to where I am now. Tired, full, and ready for bread. Bon nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment